In the context of our activities and in compliance with current French and European legislation, Zolux undertakes to protect the confidentiality and security of personal data and privacy of our service users.
This policy provides information on the way in which Zolux, our subcontractors and any partners process your personal data.
This policy notably applies to users of our website www.zolux.com
Please see below for our answers to the following questions:
- Who is the controller with respect to my personal data?
- Which data are collected?
- How are they collected?
- Why are these data collected?
- What is the legal basis for processing my personal data?
- Who are the recipients of my data?
- How long are my data stored for?
- Where are my data stored?
- Are my data transferred outside the European Union
- Are my data subject to automatic data processing?
- Are my data handed over to third parties?
- What are my rights?
- How can I exercise these rights?
- How is the security of my data guaranteed?
- What happens if data are leaked?
Identity of the controller
The controller is ZOLUX SAS with a capital of EUR 19,829,920, registered with the Saintes - France Trade & Companies register under no. B 431 967 447, having its registered office at 141 cours Paul Doumer – 17100 Saintes – France.
The following data are liable to be collected when you use our site:
- Identification data: Surname, first name
- Contact data: Address, telephone, email address
- Personal characteristics: Civil status, interests
- Connection and use data: Connection logs, comprising your IP address, location data, browsing data, preferences and interests, products viewed, complaints, content of comments and emails submitted, email addresses.
The compulsory or optional nature of data is indicated by an asterisk during data input. Some data are collected automatically due to your activity on the site.
We also perform measurements related to our audience; for example, we measure the number of page views, the number of site visits, together with visitor site activity and return visit frequency.
Personal data source
These data are collected when you:
- Contact the Customer Services Department (email, instant messaging, etc.)
- Take part in a promotional contest/competition
- Browse the site and view articles
- Fill in a data entry form
ZOLUX only processes personal data for clear, defined, legitimate purposes. ZOLUX does not process these data in any way which is incompatible with these purposes:
- Authenticating and managing the identity of the customer or user
- Managing commercial relations: complaints and after-sales services
- Sending out commercial information (see section on “Newsletters”)
- Setting up promotional competitions
- Carrying out After-Sales Service duties
- Polling customers or users
- Improving offers and customer relations
- Managing incoming mail
- Managing requests relating to the rights of the persons concerned
- Compiling statistics on audience measurements and market research
- Ensuring the security of platforms and services
- Storing the data required in order to fulfil legal obligations
Data are collected either to fulfil legal obligations (processing orders, for instance) or further to your explicit consent to collection of these data.
ZOLUX stores data for a period of three years from the end of relations with the customer or prospective customer. This period starts either from the last order, or last connection to the customer’s account, or last call to the customer services department, or the email sent to the customer services department, or click on a hyperlink of an email sent by ZOLUX, or, lastly, a positive response to an email asking if the customer wishes to continue receiving commercial information at the end of the three-year period. After this period, the customer’s or prospective customer’s data will be deleted.
Nevertheless, information able to provide evidence of an entitlement or contract, or stored in keeping with a legal obligation, may be archived in compliance with current legal provisions.
Special case relating to newsletters
User may adjust the information they wish to receive or unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link provided for this purpose at the bottom of each newsletter.
The data thus collected are transferred to our service provider responsible for emailing campaigns, SENDINBLUE (see “Recipients”).
The data collected are intended for use by ZOLUX and may be transferred to subcontractors enlisted by ZOLUX to carry out its services. ZOLUX ensures that all its subcontractors comply with the data protection requirements.
Definition of a cookie
A cookie is a small text file which is placed or stored on your terminal (computer, tablet or mobile device) when you visit a website. Cookies allow a site to recognise you, to help you browse from page to page on a website, offer secure connection and store your preferences for your next visits.
Please use the interface provided to manage your cookie preferences on the website. This interface is accessible via the cookie banner which is display the first time you connect to www.zolux.com.
It is then accessed from the cookie management in-page pop-up.
Deletion of cookies
Users can disable cookies saved on their terminal. To do so, simply select the appropriate browser settings. However, disabling cookies will prevent access to certain website functions which personalise the services offered by ZOLUX.
Types of cookies used:
- Performance and statistics cookies: these cookies collect information on how you use the website (number of visits, number of page views, activity) via Google Analytics. These cookies also allow us to identify and solve and website operation problems and to improve the site.
The configuration of each browser is different for managing cookies and your choices. This is described in your browser’s help menu, which tells you how to modify your cookie choices.
Disable cookies via the main browsers:
1) In the “Tools” menu, select “Internet Options”
2) Then click on the “Privacy” tab
3) Click on the “Advanced” button to display “Advanced Privacy Settings” window.
4) Then check “Override automatic cookie handling”, then select “Block” and save your preferences by clicking “OK”.
1) In the menu at the top of the page, click on “Options”.
2) Select the “Privacy & Security” tab.
3) Adjust the settings in the “History/Firefox will” drop-down menu, and click on “Use custom settings for history”.
4) Check “Never” next to “Third-party cookies” and save your preferences.
1) In the menu at the top right of the browser, click on “Settings”.
2) Click on the “Settings” menu on the top left, then on “Advanced”.
3) Select the “Privacy and security” tab, then the “Site settings” menu, and then “Cookies”.
4) Activate the “Block third-party cookies” button and save your preferences.
1) In the menu at the top of the page, click on “Safari”, then “Preferences”
2) Click on the “Privacy” tab
3) Check “Block all cookies” and save your preferences.
Disabling via a shared professional platform
You can also connect to the Youronlinechoices, website, offered by digital advertising professionals belonging to the European association “EDAA” (European Digital Advertising Alliance), managed in France by Interactive Advertising Bureau France. This European platform is shared by hundreds of internet advertising professionals and represents a centralised interface where you can state whether you wish to block or accept possible cookies, so as to adapt potentially displayed adverts to your browsing habits on your terminal: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/.
ZOLUX would like to inform you that this procedure will not prevent adverts being displayed on visited websites. It will only block technologies which adapt advertising to your interests.
Data storage site
Your data are stored in France or in the European Union, on our subcontractors’ servers, and on our own computer systems.
Non-transfer of personal data
ZOLUX does not sell or lease personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
ZOLUX shall not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless:
- You request or authorise such disclosure
- Disclosure is required in order to process transactions or provide the services you requested (e.g.: processing a bank card with credit card issuers)
- ZOLUX is obliged by a governmental agency or regulatory body, in the event of a court order, summons or any other similar legal or governmental requirement, or to establish or defend a legal request
- The third party acts as ZOLUX’s agent or subcontractor when carrying out services
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right to access, rectify and delete your data. You may request data portability. You also have the right to object to your data being processed or ask to limit this processing.
You may issue instructions on the storage, deletion or communication of your personal data after your death.
You also have the option to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Access and control procedure
You may exercise your rights at any time by contacting our Personal Data Protection Officer at the following address:
Any request to exercise your rights should be accompanied by a photocopy of two pieces of identity (EU ID card or passport, resident permit or travel document issued by a European Member State). You will receive a reply within a month after your application is received.
If your correspondence with ZOLUX was not to your satisfaction, you may file a complaint with the CNIL, the supervisory authority responsible for compliance with personal data obligations in France.
Measures taken to guarantee data security
We make every effort, in compliance with current guidelines on the subject, to maintain the integrity, security and privacy of data, and, in particular to prevent them from being distorted, damaged or accessed by unauthorised third parties, including during operations carried out by subcontractors.
We protect the security of your personal information during transfer, by using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) software which encrypts the information which you enter before it is transferred to us.
We implement continuous physical and electronic security measures and back-up procedures for the collection, storage and communication of our customers’ personal information. Our security procedures may require us to ask for proof of your identity before we can send you your personal information.
It is important that we protect you against unauthorised access to your password and computer. If you share a computer, you must close your session after each use.
Likewise, to guarantee a high level of security, your account password should consist of at least: 8 characters, 1 digit and 1 special character.
Notification and corrective measures in case of a leak
No-one is completely safe from an accident or malicious attack. Hence, if you were to be affected by a security breach, ZOLUX undertakes to notify the regulatory authority, if possible, within 72 hours, and also to inform you as soon as possible.
Likewise, we undertake to take all possible measures to minimise the impact.